The job purpose of the Stock Controller’s role is to manage the purchasing and replenishment of the retail products sold in the pharmacy. A key aspect of the role is maintaining the stock levels within the budget set by the business. Assisting the non-dispensary staff to achieve the required OTC sales is a KPI for this role. The Stock Controller’s role includes carrying out sales activities and maintaining store standards to the agreed standards. Delivering on these activities will develop sales of the pharmacy products and services we offer. All activities will comply with all legal, brand/banner, SOPS and professional requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
2. Responsibility for purchasing and the “in-stock” levels within the agreed inventory parameters.
3. Purchase inventory within the agreed budgets.
4. Immediately alert the Retail Manager and Pharmacy Manager when a budget is exceeded.
5. Maintain a process for returns. Manage a defined area in the storeroom for returns/credits. This area will include out of dates, damaged and un-saleable goods.
6. Maintain harmonious working relationship with Suppliers/Vendors within the buying parameters set by the business.
7. Oversee and assume responsibility for the POS system and the Electronic Ordering Systems.
8. Observe the correct buying protocols.
9. Observe correct stock receiving protocols. 10. Complete all necessary stock takes.